- Log in to your WordPress Administration Panel (Dashboard).
- Click the ‘Posts‘ tab.
- Click the ‘Add New‘ sub-tab.
- Start filling in the blanks: enter your post title in the upper field, and enter your post body content in the main post editing box below it. This section is a lot like Microsoft Word. Be sure to click the toggle toolbar button next to the teal magic wand to show more options.
- As needed, select a category, add tags, set an image and make other selections from the sections below the post. (Each of these sections is explained in high detail in the full article.)
- When you are ready, click Publish.
- To schedule a post for a specific date, click edit next to “Publish immediately” and set a date and time.
Categories: This determines where on your site the posts will show up and under which category. For news be sure to select news. If you want to create a new topic, feel free to “Add New Category”. This will allow users to sort by topics instead of just date.
Featured Image: You can find this setting while editing a post all the way at the bottom of the right most column. This is the image that shows above the excerpt of the article on the homepage and on the news page. Without an image being set, a default blank image will be used.
Magic Wand: The magic wand will allow you to add features of the site to your post such as buttons, galleries, maps and more.